Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Serving: 6 people
*Modify for Gluten Free
- Replace oats with rice flakes, quinoa, flaked almonds
You will need
- 225g GF rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. White Wings GF Plain Flour
- 200g vegan butter chopped
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tbsp. dried cherries
- 4 dates - pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp. cashews - roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. macadamia nuts - roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. roasted almonds - roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp. coconut oil - melted to bind if necessary
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 Modi Apples - cored & sliced in small wedges with skin on
- 400g of mixed Driscolls' Berries (blueberries, raspberries & blackberries)
- 150g strawberries
- 1 small orange - halved & cut into thin slices 0 skin on, pips removed
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- Liddell's Lactose Free Custard to serve
Pre heat the oven to 180c on fan forced. To make the crumble, blitz 150g of oats, leave the remaining oats whole. The finer oats will help bind the crumble and the whole will add to the texture.
Add both the blitzed and whole oats, GF flour, vegan butter, salt, chopped cherries and dates in a large bowl. Rub together with your hands until the mixture becomes a rough chunky crumble. Follow in with the nuts and cinnamon and continue rub into the butter. If it is too dry drizzle in a touch of melted coconut oil.
In another large bowl, toss the apples, berries, strawberries, orange pieces, orange juice, maple and 2 tablespoons coconut sugar. Toss to combine. Pile the fruit in a high-sided baking dish.
Pile the crumble mixture over the fruit, leaving some of the fruit visible. Sprinkle over the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar. Place the dish on a baking tray to catch any bubbly juices that may bubble over and bake uncovered 30 -35 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Serve with a good dollop of lactose free custard on the side.
Use any nuts of choice
Frozen Berries work too if you can't get fresh
Stone fruit or rhubarb is great in the crumble too