Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serving: 4 people
*Modify for Lactose Free:
- Remove Pecorino
*Modify for Gluten Free:
- Use gluten free bread
You will need:
- 600g Coles Eye Fillet Tail
- 100ml Spiral Apple Cider Vinegar
- 150ml Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 slices Alpine Bread - Spelt and Grain Sprouted
- 2 handfuls of parsley (picked and washed)
- 1 celery heart
- 120g pecorino (half grated and half shaved)
- 7 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 handful of basil leaves (torn)
- 1 handful of chives
- 8 Always Fresh Anchovies
- 2 tsp Always Fresh Capers
Season eye fillet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place 2 slices of bread into a preheated char grill pan and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side or until nicely charred. Pour the vinegar and oil into a large wide bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the grated pecorino, celery leaves and tomatoes. Scatter over chopped herbs.
Tear the char grilled bread slices and add to the salad, then break up the anchovies and sprinkle over. Toss the salad either using your hands or tongs. Place a char grill pan over a high heat and when hot, sear the 2 x 300 gram Coles Eye Fillet Tail for 4 minutes each side. Leaving to rest for a minute or two before slicing.
Place a large Circulon frying pan over a low heat, drizzle olive oil over frying pan and when hot add the capers (gently teased to open) and fry for 2-3 minutes or until capers begin to crisp up. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
To serve, arrange salad on a serving plate, top with shaved pecorino and crispy capers. Nestle sliced beef next to the salad and finish with a final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- To increase your delicious tomato flavour, slice the tomato and rub the bread with the cut side to saturate the bread in the tomato juices. The chopped tomatoes can then be squeezed, roughly chopped and added to the salad.