Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Serving: 8 people
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Replace coconut water with water
- Replace coconut milk with lactose free milk
- Replace cashews with macadamia nuts
You will need
- 300g Arborio Rice
- 1L of coconut water
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 120g of Palm Sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 Panadanus Leaf - knotted
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 3 pinches of salt flakes
- 3 tbsp of Sunbeam Raw Cashews
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 kaffir lime leaves - cut finely
- 200ml of Lotus Coconut Cream - to serve dish
Put all the rice pudding ingredients into a medium sized pot. Whilst uncovered gently bring to a simmer – stir intermittently. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 15 minutes. Take the pot off the heat and allow sitting for 10 minutes with the lid on. Discard the Pandanus leaf.
Toss the cashews in a dry hot pan for 5 minutes or until slightly blackened, keep moving. Remove from the heat and set aside. Peel the pineapple with serrated knife and slice in wedges around the core. Discard the core.
Dust the wedges with cinnamon and coconut sugar this will help blacken the pineapple in the pan. Using the same dry pan sear the pieces of pineapple on one side until they appear caramelised – about 5 minutes on each side.
Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the shredded lime leaves. Spoon rice into bowls or glasses – about 2/3rds full. Drizzle the coconut cream over the top of the warm rice. Top with pieces of pineapple followed by the cashews.
- Pandanus leaves are available at Asian grocers and provide a wonderful perfume to the dish
- Lime leaves and Pandanus leaves can be kept in the freezer.