Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serving: 4 people
You will need
- 2 whole trout (cleaned, 30-35cm in length)
- 3tbsp of Spiral Sunflower Oil
- 4cm knob ginger, julienned
- 1 long red chilli (sliced on an angle)
- 1 stick of white lemongrass (finely sliced)
- 1 orange (juice and zest only)
- 2tbsp of Spiral Foods Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2tsp of Spiral Tamari
- 1tbsp of Spiral Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 long red chilli (thinly sliced)
- 2 Spring Onions (sliced on an angle)
- 1tbsp of white sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
- 1tbsp of black sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
- 1 lime (juice only)
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a baking dish. Score trout on each side and place in the dish. Brush with a little sunflower oil.
Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, pour in sunflower oil, add ginger, chilli and lemon grass. Sauté for a few minutes. Add orange (juice & rind), brown rice vinegar, tamari , rice malt and stir to combine.
Pour over fish in the baking dish. Cover with a sheet of baking paper, wrap tightly in foil and bake for 20-25minutes.
Serve fish topped with a salad of red chilli, spring onions, orange segments and sesame seeds. Finish with a drizzle of pan juices and a squeeze of lime juice.