Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 80 mins
Serving: 4 people
You will need
- 8 assorted roasting potatoes in their skin
- 1kg side of Tassal Salmon- skin on and boned
- salt flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkt of Spiral Dried Wakame - rehyrdrated ad chopped
- 3/4 Edamame Beans - available at Asian Grocers , frozen and podded.
- 4 radishes - finely sliced, kept crispy in icy water
- 3 lemons
- Parsley to garnish
- Dill to garnish
- 100ml thick low lactose mayonnaise
- 100ml Liddells Lactose Free Yogurt
- 4 tbsp. yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. Always Fresh Capers - chopped
- 2 tbsp. Always Fresh Baby Cucumbers
- 2 Heaped tsp. of Dijon Mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of parsley - finely chopped
- 1 handful of dill - finely chopped
- 3 hard boiled Sunny Queen Eggs - finely chopped
- 3 spring onions (green ends only, finely sliced)
Preheat a hooded barbecue 220c. Lay potato on a bed of rock salt in baking tray. Roast in BBQ for a 45 – 60 minutes. This will both impart flavor and draw out moisture. Remove from the heat and set-aside until cool enough to handle.
Lay one length foil on a bench or grill topper. Line with a sheet of baking paper and lay the salmon on top. Season with salt and pepper; squeeze the juice of one lemon and 50mls of olive oil over the top of the fish. Lay another sheet of baking paper over the top of the salmon. Wrap the foil around the fish tightly like a package to seal all the edges. If using the topper place the parcel on top. If not cook it on a rack.
Place the wrapped fish in the preheated oven or hooded barbecue for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and rest fully wrapped for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon together. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add the capers, baby cucumbers, chopped egg, spring onions and mix through. Set aside for later.
Place Edamame in salted boiling water for 3 minutes, run under cold water to refresh, drain and set aside. To serve, open the potatoes, removing some of the skin and arrange on a share platter. Keep the skins. Scatter edamame beans and pieces of Wakame over the top. Flake large pieces of salmon over the potato, and then scatter over the fresh radishes. Dollop spoonful’s of the mayonnaise around the plate.
For an optional added bit of decadence, heat a couple of cm of olive oil in a pan to 180 degrees. Drop the potato skins in the hot oil for a couple of minutes to crisp up, remove and drain on paper towel. Arrange on the side of the platter and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
- Cooking fish sealed like this is a healthy clean and easy way to cook fish. It keeps the flavors in and stops the moisture from escaping.
- The secret to this recipe is to serve the potatoes and fish warm.