Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Serving: 4-6 people
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
Must split between 4-6 people to be low Fodmap
Make sure the Harisa Spice Powder has no traces of onion or garlic
You will need
- 1L of Lakewood Cranberry Juice
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 1/3 cup of Maple Syrup + extra to drizzle
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 med eggplants - cut lengthways , sliced 2 fingers thick
- 1/4 of a small Japanese Pumpkin - sliced 1 finger thick
- 3 med zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 100g Meredith Goats Cheese
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower seeds - toasted
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds - toasted
- Sea Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper - to taste
- 3 tsp. of Harissa Spice Powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of parsley - torn
- 1 cup of dill - torn
Boil the cranberry juice with the cardamom and star anise to reduce by half (about 20-25 mins) then add the maple syrup. Continue reducing this liquid until it coats the back of a spoon. Add the lemon juice. Taste. It may need a dash more maple syrup if you like it a little on the sweeter side. Set aside to cool.
Once it is cool combine 200 mLs of cranberry syrup with ¾ tsp rose water and a drizzle of olive oil in a bowl. Set aside. Whilst the sauce is reducing heat the barbecue on medium heat.
Place the eggplants in a bowl with the salt, pepper and half the harissa spice, toss to coat. Drizzle over 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and leave for 30 minutes or so. Massage the other veggies with coconut oil and sprinkle over the remaining harissa, salt and pepper. Barbecue all the vegetables until nicely brown and cooked through.
To plate, layer the vegetables and herbs on a large share plate. Break over the goat’s cheese and sprinkle over the seeds.
- The syrup will keep in an airtight jar for about 3-4 weeks in the fridge.