Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Only use the green part of spring onions
You will need:
- 2 broccoli heads (trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways)
- 1 packet of Spiral Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 2tsp of Spiral Sesame Oil
- 6tbsp of Spiral Ponzu
- 1/2 a lemon (juiced)
- 1 10cm ginger piece (peeled & finely diced or grated on micro plane)
- 50ml of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 spring onions (green part finely diced)
- 2 handfuls of coriander
- 2tbsp of sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
- 2 sheets of Spiral Nori (snipped or seasoned black seaweed with sesame)
Place a large frying pan over a high heat and when hot add broccoli cook for 3-4 minutes or until nicely charred. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes, adding a tablespoon or 2 of boiling water, cooking until tender.
Cook noodles in a small saucepan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes, stir frequently to avoid the noodles from sticking. Remove from the water using tongs or a spaghetti spoon and place in a colander, make sure you plunge the noodles into cold water to halt the cooking process then drain the noodles. Coat lightly with oil.
For dressing, place spiral toasted sesame oil into a bowl along with ponzu, lemon juice, ginger and olive oil and mix to combine.
Place the broccoli into a large shallow bowl and sprinkle over spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds. Dress with half the dressing, toss gently to coat and leave for a minute or two to marinate.
To serve, arrange noodles on a flat Asian style serving bowl, pile on the broccoli, more sesame seeds, the remaining dressing and to finish snip the nori into shards and sprinkle over the top to garnish.