Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
* Modify for low fodmap:
- Remove garlic
You will need:
- 300g of Lewis & Sons Natural Italian Sausages
- 2 tbsp of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Fennel
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 1 jar of Always Fresh roasted capsicum strips, drained
- 1 clove of Garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 100g Sunbeam Walnuts (toasted)
- 1/2 tsp of lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 40ml of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 packet of Lewis & Sons Natural Beef Salami (slices)
- 1 jar of Meredith Dairy Goats Cheese (partially drained)
- 1 jar of Always Fresh Olives
- 1 jar of Always Fresh Feta stuffed Peppers
- 1 pack of Always Fresh Gluten Free Crackers & Biscuits
For the meatballs, heat a large frying pan over a high heat, drizzle with oil, squeeze the filling from the sausages into the oil, breaking the filling at approximately 1 inch intervals to create mini meat balls. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until nicely crisp on the outside and soft and cooked through on the inside. Sprinkle over 1 tsp of fennel and 1 tsp of cumin powder and cook for another minute or 2 to nicely toast and release the aromatic flavours of the spices. Place into a serving bowl and garnish with 1/2 tsp chilli flakes.
For the red pepper paste, place the capsicums, garlic, 1 tsp of cumin and a good grind of black peppercorns into a small food processor. Add the walnuts, breadcrumbs, lemon zest & juice and olive oil and process to a fine paste. Taste for seasoning and if you feel it needs a bit more salt, pepper or lemon, add it & process to combine. Spoon into a serving bowl & drizzle with a little bit more olive oil.
Place goats cheese, and olives in separate bowls. Arrange your bowls on a large wooden serving platter and finish with salami slices and crackers.