Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins - Sweet Potato
25 mins - Baking Muffins
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Ensure you use Soy Milk made from Soy Protein – Sanitarium Soy Good Soy Milk is suitable.
You will need
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato - about 2 med sweet potatoes
- 2 free-range eggs
- 125g goats butter - melted
- 125m soy milk
- 100ml maple syrup
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 cups White Wings GF Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 GF Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Approx. 1/2 cup of Pecan Nuts - lightly toasted , roughly chopped.
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts - roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 350g Liddell's Lactose Free Cream Cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
Preheat oven 180°C. Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and cook in the oven for approx. 45 minutes at 180C degrees until soft. Remove from oven, cool, peel and mash. Line a 12 hole 1⁄3-cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases or squares of baking paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed cooled sweet potato, eggs, butter, soymilk, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate into a large bowl. Stir in spices, salt and pecans. Combine the wet and dry mix together in one bowl and stir just enough to come together. Don’t over mix. Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tin three quarters full. Mix all topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over muffins, pushing into the mixture a little.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm to touch. Set aside for 5 minutes before taking them out of the tray. Leave them to cool on a wire rack. To make the cream cheese icing stir the lemon juice through the cream cheese and once incorporated swirl through the coconut sugar. Spoon a dollop on each muffin and serve.
- Nuts can be eliminated altogether or swapped for walnuts or cashews
- If you are sensitive to egg whites, replace the 2 whole eggs with 6 egg yolks
- Cows butter can be used in place of goats butter
- Alternative serving suggestion: serve warm with butter or cashew butter.