Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
You will need:
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 brown onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 100ml Coles Red Wine Vinegar
- 200g Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 1 can of Sirena Tuna with Chilli Oil (semi drained)
- 2 cheeks of lemon
Heat a large saucepan over a low heat, add oil and when hot add 2/3 of the onion and garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over oregano sauté for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the onions are nicely caramelised. Add the remaining onion and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Pour in red wine vinegar and stir to combine.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Drain pasta and add to the onions along with a tad of the pasta water and the flaked tuna with a little bit of oil, stirring to combine.
Serve spoonful’s of pasta in large serving bowls finished with a squeeze of lemon juice, lemon cheeks.