Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Remove garlic cloves OR replace with garlic infused Cobram Oil
- Swap currants for raisins
- Remove artichokes or replace with zucchini, asparagus or capsicum
You will need:
- 8 Point Sovereign Lamb
- 2 tbsp of Meredith Dairy Natural Sheep's Milk Yogurt
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves
- 1 dash of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Kale Leaves (stems removed and leaves shredded)
- 100ml Coles Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of currants
- 1/3 cup Sunbeam Almonds (toasted & crushed)
- 1 cup of Green Rice (cooked according to packaging)
- 4 Always Fresh Artichokes (cut into quarters)
- 1 small bunch of mintleaves
Place lamb rack on a chopping board and cut into 4 double chops, ensuring to keep as even as possible. Season with a generous drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, rubbing the oil over the lamb to ensure a nice even coat.
Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, add lamb and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove and place onto a plate to rest. Meanwhile place spoonfuls of yogurt into a bowl, grate over garlic and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Place shredded kale into a bowl and dress with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
Pour vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat, add currants, remove from heat and leave to infuse and cool. When cool add to kale along with almonds and cooked green rice, stirring to combine.
To serve, place spoonful’s of yogurt down one side of a serving platter. Arrange spoonfuls of green rice salad next to the yogurt, place lamb on top of the yogurt and sprinkle over artichokes and torn mint.