Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5
Serving: 1 jar
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Replace Spiral Honey with Rice Malt Syrup or Maple Syrup
*Modify for Gluten Free:
- Use a Gluten Free (Alpine Bread is Fodmap Friendly not Gluten Free)
You will need
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- 300ml Lemon (juice)
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Coles Gluten Free Corn Flour
- 100g Spiral Coconut Oil
- 2 slices Apline Bread -sprouted seed loaf
- 1 drizzle of Liddells Lactose Free Lite Thickened Cream
Place lemon zest and juice in a pyrex bowl. Place eggs and yolk in a separate bowl, add honey and whisk to combine. Stir the corn flour into the lemon juice until it dissolves. Pour the corn flour and lemon juice into egg mixture and whisk to combine.
Pour into a clean Circulon saucepan and place over a medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes or until curd thickly coats the back of the spoon. Transfer to a bowl, add coconut oil and mix to combine. If you don’t want to eat it all straight away. Transfer the curd to a sterilised jar, seal with a lid and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
To serve, toast slices of Alpine bread for FODMAP friendly (or GF bread for Gluten Free) and to serve spread thickly with lemon curd and finish with a drizzle of cream.