Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Remove garlic cloves OR swap for garlic infused Cobram Oil
You will need:
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 150ml Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon (segmented and diced)
- 2 Steggles Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- 2tbsp of raspberry vinegar
- 1 punnet of strawberries (tops removed from 2/3)
- 1 small fennel (fronds picked and reserved)
Evenly chop garlic cloves. Place a small frying pan over a medium low heat, pour in olive oil and add garlic, leaving to fry until golden. Add the lemon juice and segments then remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
Slice the chicken fillets on the angle and season with thyme leaves, salt, pepper and oil, tossing to coat. Place a large frying pan over a high heat, add chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove and rest for 3 minutes.
Chop strawberries in various ways to obtain different shapes and place into a bowl. Douse with vinegar and season with a few pinches of salt and a plenty of freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine and leave to macerate for about 5 minutes. Finely slice fennel on a mandolin and place into a bowl. Dress with sea salt, pepper and a good drizzle of olive oil.
To serve, arrange a generous handful of fennel salad on serving plates, place pieces of chicken to one side. Spoon over some strawberries and then dress with warm garlic and lemon dressing.