Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serving: 4 people
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Replace Shitake Mushrooms with Shimeji Mushrooms
- Check the ingredients of the pickled ginger for high fructose corn syrup or sugar alcohols e.g sorbital / erythritol
You will need
- 2 cups (uncooked) short grain brown rice
- 2 tbsp sushi vinegar
- 185g of Sirena Tuna in Spring Water
- 1/2 GF mayonnaise
- 20g Spiral Dried Wakame
- 1/2 large cucumber - sliced in thin rounds
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds - lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp of sushi vinegar
- 1 tbsp of mirin
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of grape seed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 1 large handful of Fresh Shitake Mushrooms - big ones sliced, small ones quartered
- 1 tbsp of Spiral Tamari
- 1/2 tsp of Sesame Oil
- 250g Daikon Radish -julienned finely & kept crisp in chilled water
- 2 spring onions - green ends only, finely sliced
- 2-3 tbsp of Spiral Tamari - to serve
- 50g pickled ginger (optional)
- 2 tsp of Sesame Seeds -lightly toasted
While the rice is cooking make the other components for the bowl. When the rice is cooked and while warm stir in 2 tbsp. of sushi vinegar. Set aside and keep warm.
Tuna Mayo: Blitz mayo with tuna and lemon juice in a food processor – set aside.
Reconstitute Dry Wakame in water for 30 mins. Drain and roughly chop over it before adding to a bowl along with cucumber and sesame seeds. Add 1 tbsp. of sushi vinegar, 1 tbsp. of Mirin and pinch of salt. Toss and leave to pickle for 10 minutes or so.
Heat 60ml of extra virgin olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat, add 2 cloves of garlic and sauté until the garlic starts to colour. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a couple of minutes before adding 1 tbsp. of tamari and ½ sesame oil.
Spoon rice into the bowls, spoon on 2 large dollops of tuna mayo in each bowl, then pile on some fresh daikon, spring onion, pickle wakame and cucumber. Next add shitake mushrooms, and pickled ginger. Finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.