Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
Serving: 12 people
You will need
- 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of Melrose Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of almonds (ground)
- 1/2 cup of Melrose Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp coconut cyrup or agave nectar
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked for 3 hrs)
- 4 pitted dates
- 150g of coconut cream
- 3/10 cup of Melrose Unrefined Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 lemon (juice and grated rind)
- 1 orange (juice and grated rind)
- 4 tbsp of coconut syrup or agave nectar
- 50g apricot jam
- 250g fresh cherries (pitted & halved)
Grease and line a 24cm round spring form cake tin with baking paper. For base, place the raw cacao, 3 tbs unrefined coconut oil, ground almonds, dates, 1/2 cup coconut flour & 2 tbs coconut syrup or agave nectar in a bowl and mix to combine. Press into your prepared cake tin and refrigerate to set.
For filling, drain cashews and place in a food processor or bar blender. Add coconut cream and process to a very smooth thick paste. Add 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil (melted), juice & grated rind of lemon & orange & 4 tbs coconut syrup or agave nectar and process to combine.
Pour into chilled base and freeze for a minimum of 1 hour or until set. Brush cake with apricot jam and decorate with cherry halves. Remove from tin and serve cut into thick slices.