Prep time: 10 mins
You will need
- 1 cup Chana Dahl
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 750ml water
- 750ml Fodmapped For You Stock
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. corainder seeds
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Asofitida (gluten free)
- 2.5cm piece of ginger grated
- 1 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin - skin off and diced
- 1 egg plant - skin on, ends trimmed and sliced in 2 cm
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 1 handful coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
Place the rice and chana dahl in a heavy based saucepan with the water and stock. Bring to the boil and skim any murky foam. Cook for 20 minutes on a medium heat. In a mortar and pestle grind ½ tsp cumin and coriander seeds.
In a small saucepan place the coconut oil, ginger, fresh turmeric, salt, ground spices; mustard seeds ½ tsp. whole cumin seeds and asofitida. Gently fry over medium heat until fragrant (about 1 minute) don’t brown.
Add the spices in coconut oil to the rice/lentils along with the pumpkin. Continue to cook on a low/med heat until the dahl and rice are soft and pumpkin has broken down – approximately 15 minutes. By this time the pumpkin should be broken down. Check for seasoning. Steam the eggplant for 8-10 minutes.
Coriander oil - grind the coriander seeds, salt and coriander leaves and stem in a mortar and pestle. Muddle in the oil a bit at a time. Spoon some kitcharie in the bottom of the bowl, a piece of eggplant, top with Sirena tuna and finish with a drizzle of coriander oil.