Prep time: 15-20 mins
Cooking time: 90 mins
Serving: 6 people
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- 500g of raspberries must serve 5 or more to be Low Fodmap
- Swap lentils for mung bean sprouts
You will need
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 cup of Sunbeam Nuts - almonds, brazil nuts & hazelnuts - lightly toasted & smashed
- 3 stalks of kale - tough stalks removed and sliced finely
- 2 cups of sprouts - lentils, red clover, black mustard
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1/2 pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml raspberry vinegar
- 180ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.4kg Bannockburn Free-Range Chicken
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic - smashed in the skin
- 40ml maple syrup
- water to fill 3/4 of the cup
Preheat oven or barbecue to medium / high. Grind the dry spice rub ingredients in a mortar and pestle, spice grinder or blender. Rub the coconut oil and spice onto chicken skin. Put all the left-over spices in the cavity of the chicken
Take the chicken roaster and sit it over a baking dish. Add the ginger, garlic, maple syrup & water into the roaster cup. The aromatics will flavour the chicken & the steam from the liquid will cook the chicken faster & keep the chicken moist & succulent.
Lower the chicken cavity over the roaster cup & place the dish in the barbecue with the hood down. Cook for 1hr & 15 minutes. Remove from the heat & leave the chicken to rest on the stand while you make the salad. The steam from the water from the aromatics will keep the chicken moist.
To make the vinaigrette, place the raspberries, salt & pepper in bowl & mash a little to release some of the juices. Stir in the vinegar & oil. Set aside. Toss the kale in the bottom of a large bowl with a touch of salt & olive oil. Add the sprouts & nuts & toss to combine.
Remove the chicken from the stand. Cut the warm chicken into pieces and arrange on the salad. Spoon some raspberry vinaigrette over the top. Serve immediately.