Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serving: 4 people
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Max ½ cup of coconut per serve to be Low Fodmap
- Omit apples
You will need
- 6 tbsp. GF fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime sliced finely in rounds
- 2 long green chillies - roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 x 200g Tassal Salmon Fillets boned - skin on
- 1 Modi Apple - sliced finely in rounds and halved with skin on
- 1 med cucumber - pealed
- 70g frozen fresh shredded coconut
- 1 handful of Thai Basil Leaves
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- 1/2 a handful of celery leaves, inner small yellow ones
Preheat barbecue or oven on 220°C. Lay the salmon fillets skin side down in sturdy roasting tray lined with baking paper. Pour fish sauce and oil over the fillets and toss to coat. Top the fish with the finely sliced lime and leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes while you make the dressing.
Using a mortar and pestle, pound the fresh chillies with the salt and coconut sugar. Add 2 tbsp fish sauce, water and lime - juice. Taste and if needed add a touch of lemon juice or a touch more sugar to balance.
Place the baking tray with the salmon in the barbecue/oven, put the lid down and bake for 6-7 minutes. You still want the fish to be a little pink in the middle.
While the fish is cooking make the salad. Slice the peeled cucumber down the middle lengthways, then cut slices on the angle (or however you like). Add to a large bowl. Add the sliced apple, coconut, celery leaves and herbs. To stop the apples from browning squeeze juice of half a lemon over the Modi Apple. Toss gently to combine.
When the fish is ready remove from the heat and plate individually or on a share plate. Tumble salad alongside the fish and spoon over the dressing. Serve immediately.