Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
*Modify for Fodmap:
- Swap pistachio for almond flakes or peanuts
Lactose free: assuming chocolate used is lactose free chocolate
You will need:
- 600g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 65g coconut oil warmed to liquid
- 65g of Copha roughly chopped
- 60g puffed quinoa
- 100g of shaved coconut, plus extra to garnish
- 100g of white marshmallows
- 100g of pistachio nut kernels
- 100g of salted macadamia nuts
- 100g of red glacé cherries
- 150g of Rose Turkish Delight (or any kind you like), cut into 3cm x 1cm pieces
- 30g of freeze dried berries (strawberries or raspberries) or rose petals - optional
Line a slice tray with baking powder. Place chocolate in a large stainless steel bowl and place over a medium saucepan with a few centimetres of barely simmering water in it.
When about two-thirds of the chocolate has melted, stir once. Add the coconut oil and copha and stir a couple more times to ensure that all the chocolate melts – don’t mix too much, or overheat, as the chocolate will become grainy. Take the bowl off the heat. Stir through a good pinch of sea salt.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, pour in the melted chocolate and fold through. Pour into your prepared baking tray. Decorate with crushed freeze dried strawberries or raspberries or rose petals.
Allow a couple of hours at room temperature to properly set – you could speed this up by popping it in the fridge for 30 minutes, but don’t leave it any longer. Lift out of the tin and slice into pieces or if desired wrap individually. Store in an airtight container somewhere cool.