Prep time: 10 mins
You will need
- 2 long telegraph cucumbers
- 3 tbsp lactose free cream cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh horseradish grated or store bought
- 4 slices of Tassal Smoked Salmon - finely sliced
- 8 chives - sliced finely
- 2 sprigs of dill, fronds only
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
Stripe the skin of the cucumber with vegetable peeler. Cut cucumber into 2.5 cm rounds. Using a teaspoon or melon baller scoop out some of the soft seedy core to create little cucumber bowls. Discard the mushy bits.
In a separate bowl soften the cream cheese by stirring half the lemon juice with a fork. Grate in the horseradish or use a low sugar horseradish from a jar. Add the sliced salmon into the cream cheese and mix through.
Using a teaspoon, dollop a spoonful into each cucumber bowl. Top with fresh herbs, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Buy fresh horseradish when in season and keep in the freezer. Grate when needed.