Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serving: 5 people
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Remove garlic
You will need:
- 180ml Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 glove of garlic (peeled and finely sliced)
- 5 slices of Coles Gluten Free White Loaf
- 1 dried red chilli (very finely shredded)
- 410g Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes
- 5 Always Fresh Anchovy Fillets
- 2 tbsp Always Fresh Capers
- 100g Always Fresh Pitted Green Olives (squashed)
- 2 handfuls of parsley leaves (roughly torn)
- 1 1/2 tbsp greek oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp Spiral Rice Bran Syrup
- 500g Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
Drizzle olive oil over a heavy based pan and place pan on a medium heat. Add the garlic, smashed skin and all, cook for 20-30 seconds to infuse the oil. Once infused add the very thinly sliced bread and fry for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt to taste and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
For the sauce, drizzle olive oil on a large frying pan or wide based pot and place over a medium heat. Add garlic, chilli and anchovies and fry for 1-2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the chopped tomatoes, capers and green and black olives. Stir to combine. Bring the sauce up to a hard boil so that it will reduce down quickly. Keep an eye on the sauce but cook for 7-10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the oil has been reduced. Add parsley, oregano and season with salt if desired.
Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil, add spaghetti and cook for 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Add the hot spaghetti straight from the pot to the sauce and splash in a little of the cooking water. Toss to combine and cook out for a minute or until the sauce is absorbed.
To serve, divide between plates, and top with the pangrattato (fried bread).