Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serving: 4-6 people
You will need
- 400g Ardmona Tinned Tomatoes
- 10-12 Angas Park Prunes - simmered in hot water for 5 mins & strained
- 2 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 10-12 baby cos leaves
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves, picked
- 2 cups of bean shoots
- 2 fresh chillies finely sliced
- 2 tbsp of chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 punnets of shitake mushrooms
- 2 coriander roots (reserve the roots for later)
- 4 tbsp hoisin dressing
- 1 packet of Bonsoy Tofu - cut into small cubes
To make the Hoisin, pass the tomatoes through a fine sieve and bring to the boil in a small saucepan. Add the cooked prunes, 5 spice powder, tamari and vinegar and cook on med heat for 5 minutes. Leave to cool then blitz in a processor until smooth. Set aside.
In a large pan on a medium to high heat, add 1tbsp oil. Add garlic and ginger and fry for one minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding the coriander roots.
Add the Tofu and stir just long enough to heat the tofu. Add half the hoisin and stir to combine.
To assemble the San Choi Bao, lay the lettuce cups on a serving platter. Divide the warm mushroom mixture amongst the lettuce cups and top each one with a dollop of hoisin, fresh chilli, nuts and a sprig of coriander.