Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Remove garlic
- Remove brown onion
You will need:
- 90ml of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 celery stalks - finely sliced
- 1 green chilli - chopped
- 1 large brown onion - sliced
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of ground coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp of ground fennel seeds
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tsp of sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of white pepper
- 800g Steggles Diced Turkey Thighs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes - drained
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1/4 of a green cabbage or red cabbage
- 5 kale leaves (stalks removed)
- 1 pack of Coles Gluten Free Tortilla Wraps
- 250g Liddell's Lactose Free Sour Cream
Place a large deep frying pan over a high heat and generously drizzle in oil. Add the celery, garlic, chilli and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes then add the bay leaf, spices, paprika and white pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add the turkey and a good pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Add the sugar, 2 tbsp of cider vinegar, tomato paste, drained tomatoes and cocoa powder. Mix to combine.
Add the chicken stock, bring to simmer, and then reduce the heat and cook for 25-30 minutes over the low heat. Make sure you are stirring regularly. The sauce is ready when it has thickened, starts to glaze and coats the meat.
For the salad, finely shreds the cabbage and kale and place into a bowl. Dress with a generous pinch of sea salt, oil and 30ml of cider vinegar. Toss to combine.
Heat a chargrill pan over a high heat. Cook tortilla if possible 2 at time until warm and golden. Place into a piece of foil and repeat until all tortillas are golden and warm. Put the tortillas back into the packet to keep warm.
To serve, place a chargrilled Coles gluten free tortilla onto a serving plate, top with a small handful of salad, a generous dollop of Liddell’s lactose free sour cream, and a large spoonful of con carne. Wrap and enjoy!!