Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
Serving: 6 people
*Modify for Low Fodmap:
- Omit the Garlic
- Replace the garlic with garlic infused olive oil
- Hazelnuts are low FODMAP up to 15g - this will be low FODMAP as it serves 6
- Brazil nuts, macadamias, peanuts, walnuts, all allow a higher low FODMAP serve size.
You will need
- 2 bunches of bail leaves - roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of flat leaf parsley - roughly chopped
- 80g hazelnuts - lightly toasted and chopped
- 270ml extra virgin olive oil
- 150g pecorino cheese - finely grated
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 500g Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 500g Zucchini
- 100ml Liddell's Lactose Free Lite Cream
- 4 zucchini flowers - stamens removed and flowers roughly torn
- 1 handful of basil leaves - torn
- 1 handful of hazelnuts - toasted and roughly crushed
- Salt flakes - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
For the pesto, blitz 2 bunches of basil leaves and 2 handfuls of parsley and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add the hazelnuts and process while adding 220mls of oil until you have a fairly smooth paste. Add the pecorino and blitz until just combined. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Any left overs just store in an airtight jar with a layer of oil over the top to prevent it oxidizing.
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Using a mandolin, or sharp knife slice the zucchini into 3mm ribbons then stack the slices and slice into thin ribbons. You could use a spiralizer.
When the pasta is nearly ready, add 50ml of oil, three quarter of the pesto and cream to a large frying pan over medium heat and just warm through. Add the zucchini ribbons to the same pot as the pasta for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain them off immediately, keeping a couple of tablespoons of pasta water aside.
Add the pasta, zucchini and pasta water to the creamy pesto and gently toss. Serve as one big share dish or portion the pasta into bowls and top with the remaining pesto, zucchini flowers, a few handfuls of fresh basil and hazelnuts.